Big Mac software giveaway today only!
We at innBrooklyn strongly believe in giving. We both try to give often to our favorite charities. Being a Mac lover, I was really excited to find I could get $280 worth of Mac software for only $19.95 out of which $5 would go to charity! MacHeist is a give away event that happens a few times a year in which you can buy a preselected bundle of software for very little money.
The software bundle on sale this year includes the following
- MacJournal (originally $40): The premier writing app
- RipIt (originally $20): Effortless DVD importing
- Clips ($27): The ultimate clipboard and snippet manager
- CoverScout ($40): Get missing cover art for your iTunes albums
- Flow ($25): FTP file transferring
- Tales of Monkey Island ($35): Game
- RapidWeaver (79): Powerful website creation
- Tweetie ($20): Twitter client
There is a live ticker on the MacHeist website that updates every time someone buys the bundle and tells you how much money has been donated to charity. (As of 10:00 p.m. 3/9 this total is $300,350!) The only catch is that this offer expires today 3/10 in the evening. You can choose from one the charities below:
- Action Against Hunger
- AIDS Research Alliance
- Save the Children
- Direct Relief International
- Humane Society International
- Clinton Bush Haiti Fund
- The Nature Conservancy
- Alliance for Climate Protection
- Save Darfur
- Prevent Cancer Foundation
- World Wildlife Fund
After you purchase the bundle a link is sent to you with all the information about your serial numbers and licensing for your apps as well as download instructions. I just bought mine.. yayyy!
So if you are a Mac owner, go here to get really cool software and help a few charities!
Update 3/11/10: MacHeist Bundle is now closed. $1,250,000 was raised for charity!